Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My heart is overwhelmed right now

I had the opportunity to attend a funeral of a tiny baby I took pictures for at the hospital with Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.

They had an enormous amount of friends and family there to support them.  A friend of the family had invited a minister to come say a few words, and I am completely shocked at how depressing his presentation was.  He said the Bible doesn't say ANYTHING about babies at all, and anything not in the Bible is just speculation.  He said the only baby story he could find was king David's baby he had with Bathsheba who died after birth (remember how David killed Bathsheba's husband to sleep with her?)  Seriously? These are your words of comfort?

In the Bible, Matthew 18:3 it says Except ye become as a little child, ye shall not enter the kindgdom of heaven.  Doesn't that clearly say that children will enter the kingdom of heaven?

But more importantly, we are so blessed to have continued revelation beyond the Bible of centuries ago, and thankfully God still speaks to man and enlightens us with further truth than that book that has been so changed and altered over time!  And it is this unfiltered truth which promises our infant children Eternal Life, and parents a tie to them for Eternity!

He then went on to say that death was never in our Heavenly Father's plan.  So he's telling the parents this was all one big accident?

My heart was breaking for these parents who just experienced the most devastating event one can have in this life, and this preacher who gave quite possibly the worst funeral speech in the history of time.  I cannot imagine how confused they were feeling, and the LACK of comfort he had offered in his words.

Heavenly Father doesn't get taken off guard.  He knows all.  It WAS in His plan that we die, because this life is a tiny BLIP in eternity where we are here to gain mortal experience in our bodies, and be tested to see if we will do His will.

I felt so overwhelmed with a desire to stand up in front of all those people and bear my own testimony of what I know to be True.  That we DO know where our precious babies will be and who they are, and what their purpose here was.  That they are completely perfect, and they need not experience the evils of this world.  That they are with the Father, and we will get to be with them again.

But I could not stand in front of all those people and introduce myself as a stranger, though my heart was bursting to share the truth with those people.  But afterward, I did have the opportunity to speak to the mother.  I told her that not only will I get to be with my sweet Elizabeth again after this life, but that I was indeed with her before this life.  That she is one of my most precious friends, and I have felt her spirit with me, watching over me.

I wish I could have told her so much more.

All the way home my heart was so overwhelmed at how many people are confused and do not understand what I understand.  I am so very grateful and blessed to have the knowledge and testimony that I have, that I cannot deny, that is so powerful within my heart that it hurts to not share it.

What a glorious gospel we have that has been made new by the Savior to clear up the misconceptions of centuries past.  That we have been enlightened with so much knowledge and light.

We who have this knowledge are so very blessed and have the responsibility to share it with those who don't know.  I wished I could fly around and speak with the tongue of angels today, and share with the world the truth about our purpose here, and why we exist.  I would that I could open my mouth more because I know God didn't give me the gift of testimony to just sit around and keep it to myself.

No comments: