Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Power of Love

Today I am thankful for love. It is such a powerful healing tool. It can heal hearts and dissipate anger and mend broken relationships. If everyone just had LOVE for all of God's children, and saw them as He did, this world would be a beautiful place indeed.
Every time I have felt the spirit of Christ in my heart, it has felt like Love. The purest kind... an unselfish love that fills you with happiness and hope. If I could just hand that to my struggling loved ones in a little box, their lives could be healed and their problems could be solved.
I think we would be less hard on ourselves if we could feel that Love that Heavenly Father has for us. We would want to do what's right not for fear of punishment or guilt- but because we felt His love and wanted to show our love for Him.

The night I was in the hospital hoping to bring home our first little girl, at that devastating moment after we realized there was no heartbeat, John put his hands on my head to give me a blessing. But his hands trembled, and his voice choked, and he could say only one thing. "Bethany, Heavenly Father loves you very much." And at that moment we both knew that this was God's will, and we could not ask for our little girl to stay. We both started to cry. In that moment of utter devastation and loss, Heavenly Father wanted me to know ONE thing. That He loved me. And that was all I needed to know.

With Nephi, I would like to say I do not know the meaning of all things, nevertheless, I know that God loveth his children.

1 comment:

pcNut said...

That statement of Nephi's gets more and more profound to me!

A friend of mine once heard Elder Maxwell say to her, "God loves you, and that is enough."

I love you:)