There are a few things in life that I KNOW to be true. Not things that I just hope, like hoping it will snow on Christmas. Not things I just believe, like I believe that the internet will still be around tomorrow when I turn on my computer.
But things that I know. As much as I know that I have 10 fingers. They are right here before me, allowing me to use my keyboard to type this post. I can feel them, and see them, and even if I closed my eyes, I would know I have ten fingers because of these 20+ years I have had them and known they were there.
That is how deeply I know that each human being has a spirit inside that has existed before this life, and that will continue on after this life is over. And after the world's time is through, those spirits who have died will be restored to their bodies in perfection because of Jesus Christ. Many people believe in an afterlife, but these things I KNOW. And I know them because of my experiences.
I also know that spirits who have already been or have yet to come into their bodies are here on this earth, unseen by most, in a "spirit world." I know that many people have seen these spirits with their eyes, and others have felt their presence with their heart & mind. I have felt the presence of my daughter, and know this to be true. I know that the spirit of Christ can be felt by anyone who is willing to allow His presence.
I know that we are only here in these bodies for a short ammount of time to learn and accomplish whatever specific thing God prepared for us, and to be tested and tried. One of the less obvious reasons is that our spirits might gain discipline over our bodies that we might be more empowered when they are reunited in the ressurection.
These things I have known for as long as I can remember. I don't feel it was something "preached" to me, but something I have just KNOWN, that has been reconfirmed through my experiences. I have been homesick for heaven since I was a young child. The veil between the "spirit world" on the earth and the mortals we can see has always been very thin for me. I have always felt that Heavenly Father was only a thought away, and so is my little girl.
For these reasons, I feel that very much of this life is shallow, and fluffy. I am a person who really gets bored with useless chit chat and longs to have meaningful conversations with people. I wear my soul on my sleeve. I need people to have deeper conversations with me. I wish every conversation were spiritually related, rather than about the latest in worldliness. I so long to share my feelings with people on a daily basis, and sometimes fear I am just too sensitive for the fluff-ridden conversations around me.
If I started telling you all the things I know to be true because of my experiences, it might take hours. If there is anything you need a testimony of, I can tell you with all my heart that prayers are answered. Every time I have prayed to God with a purpose, He has answered me through thoughts and feelings, and everything I know today has come because of those experiences and because I wrote them down.
2 comments:
You have a lot of spiritual thoughts to express. They are lovely. Have you read at all from my group spirituality blog? The link is: www.oursecretweapon.blogspot.com. I have five friends that do a once a week post about anything spiritually uplifting that they feel inclined to share. You should check it out!
If you like the idea, and think you might want to be a weekly contributor- I have Thursdays open. Anyway, I just felt a little prompted to put that out there. But no pressure if you aren't feeling so inclined. Just let me know!
I KNOW I love you Bethany. What a beautiful testimony.
Thinking about you...and my "competition" with you:) It was funny today:)
Love you and hope to be calling you soon:)
Love,
Sarah
Post a Comment