Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Wedding Re-Do

Being a wedding photographer has taken me to over 50 weddings in the past few years- and that is bound to get you thinking about weddings. A lot.

It's so fun to see all the different styles and themes, it makes me want to be a wedding planner!  I'm always thinking about what I'd do if I could go back and do it all over again.

So I've put together a few of my very favorite things that I would do at my "re-do" wedding.  I actually think it would be awesome to do a vow-renewal type ceremony on a 10th anniversary or something.  I can make all these plans for that, right?

First of all, I LOVE this wedding dress style with the bolero jacket-collared look, the fitted waistline, and bustled skirt.  It's also called a Queen Anne neckline, and you can see why.  So classy.
This gown & photo were taken from http://www.gownsbypamela.com/.
The next thing I would definitely do for my wedding is hire a professional videographer.  I'd want a hollywood-style cinematic masterpiece like those done by chris mcclain. 

Chris McClain Productions // Highlight Reel // Demo 2011 from Chris McClain Productions on Vimeo.

For the venue, I would have the wedding at a beach type setting with nothing but white chairs and an archway for the ceremony.
I don't think I'd have a reception because they are so expensive, especially just for a vow renewal.  It would be short and sweet.  Maybe I'd sing a song for John and have him write a letter for me. 

We'd also have Isaac and Amelia dressed up all cute.  I love the idea of this flower girl dress with the bustles and a ribbon sash, but I would have it in Ivory so it matched mine, with a brown ribbon and bolero like the picture below.  
And definitely brown & Ivory for the boys. I think brown tuxes rock.

And I found the most amazing cake decorator ever.  http://www.davidcakes.co.uk/  He makes cakes for Royal weddings! Checkout this amazing castle.  Look at the amazing detail he puts on hightlighting those roses.  Although I would probably have it in ivory and champagne and brown.



Sigh. There's my current day-dream.  It makes me happy to plan cool things like that. I should totally be a wedding planner- it would be a blast.

1 comment:

A womb for rent said...

That is the wedding dress I fell in love with. I love it!! would it be way lame if we look alike :) It was so awesome running into you yesterday! Your such a sweetheart!!!