Saturday, June 4, 2011

Deep thoughts

My brain was thinking of status updates for Facebook all night.  Must have been in my own deep thoughts and silence too long today!
And obviously since these won't all fit in one face book status update, I will have to put them all here.


1. What's the point of being "rich" if you and your family aren't happy?
Someone was talking about how they are the "rich" ones in their family, but I find it funny/ironic/sad that their home is extremely negative and critical and their young children are all depressed.  So tell me, what good is it to have money if you don't have happiness?  Isn't the point of everything we buy to help bring us some sense of happiness?


2. I feel like I'm running at full strength underwater and not getting anywhere.
Seriously. If I'm not out shooting a wedding/bridal/engagement session, I am home editing one, or working as fast as I can go on this training program I've been trying to finish for 9 months now... and I'm still not done, and the weddings keep coming, and I'm getting very exhausted being the sole provider for our family.


3. As children we are not content with being able to raise our head in our first few weeks of life.  
No, we keep fighting and struggling to accomplish something bigger, until we are crawling.  But we are still not finished, in fact there is so much more we still must accomplish, until we are walking, then talking, then running, then riding a bike for the first time.  
That fuel to keep pursuing something, to keep becoming better at being alive, I believe it never dies.  As adults we may try to ignore it and spend our days being stagnant, but it only depresses us because we know we can and must become more.  
Deep down we know that nothing is impossible, just like we knew we would eventually learn to walk and never gave up until we could do it.  We still know that we can achieve great things, no matter who doubts us.  We know it deep down, and hiding it does us no good. Because it will always be there nagging at us.  The question "what's next?" will always follow an achievement because we are never finished... just as an infant was not finished after learning to crawl.

No comments: