Tuesday, March 6, 2012

John's Racing Cake & Surprise Birthday Party

Last weekend I threw John a surprise birthday (which he probably guessed I was doing) and did a Racing theme because he loves cars and racing.  
So here's the cake I made.
And yes, it was a "healthy" cake, and not very good at all. :(  But it looked good!  And we are so caked out anyway after amelia's birthday and her 3 cakes. Which I never posted about. But that will be next.
So my sister Tricia reserved her church for us because my reservation got bumped for a funeral in my stake. and then she showed up early with me to set up all the decorations, which took us 2 hours to set up!


I thought it turned out awesome though.  We set the tables around the room like a stadium, and we set up a race track in the middle for everyone to race their RC cars!


Here's everyone gearing up for the races!


And of course, I bought a super speedy car for John's gift so he could be the fastest car there ;)
Then it was off to the races!
Everyone had a lot of fun.  Emma said she's going to tell my bishop to put me in scouts because I have such great ideas. No thanks, Em. :)  How about activity committee?


And the Birthday last week I forgot to post about was Amelia's 2nd Birthday.  We had a laid back get-together with whoever was available last second.  I made a nice vegan sponge cake and vegan brownies, but covered them both with buttercream frosting.  The cakes turned out really nice (much better than John's!).
I love this next picture of Amelia blowing out the candles with Isaac and Harley trying to do the same.
So after I made these cakes, John felt bad that he was at work for our little party, and wanted me to make another cake so he could watch her blow out the candles too!  I was already sick of cake at this point!  But Isaac has a behavior chart on the wall and had also earned a cake, so I decided to knock them both out at once.
Here's the 2nd cake we made for Amelia. :)
And the cake Isaac earned on his behavior chart.
Ok, now no more cake!  March is the month we get Diabetes around here.  And we still have my birthday on Sunday, and then our Anniversary the next weekend!  We've got to figure out some other tradition for holidays.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are one DEDICATED wife Bethany! That cake looks AWESOME and the stadium seating around the track is so dang cool! I am SO impressed! You are SUCH a good wife!
I LOVE you!