I am so thankful to have married such a multi-talented Fix-It Man. He can literally take anything apart, find out why it's not working, and put it back together again, FIXED.
He has done this with so many things, I can't remember them all. In this house though, he's fixed the dishwasher, installed an entirely new garage door, fixed a broken carpet cleaner, and a ton of other little things that needed help.
He is also a mechanic who never went to school. (So I get the blessing without the debt!) He has fixed so many things on our car, we've never had to take it in to a shop because he is so good! He has installed all sorts of things on cars for his brothers and dad, fixed my brother's breaks, and is going over to his mom's to fix her breaks today. This kind of stuff used to bother me because he was spending time away from me, but now I am just so amazed and grateful to have such a talented man for my husband. I'm glad to be able to share him, and that he can give that service to others.
And since I always talk about Amelia, I've been trying to notice more of the cute things Isaac does that make me smile. Yesterday I asked the children if they thought we should have another little baby come to our family. They said "yeah!" And so I said we just needed to ask Heavenly Father if He could put a little baby in mommy's tummy, and He would send a baby down from heaven to come be in our family. Isaac said "I will say the prayer!"
We were in the car waiting for daddy, and I told him we would say it in a minute when daddy came back, but then as daddy came up to the open window and I was getting into the front seat, Isaac said one right there on the spot and I missed it. But I could see by the smile on Daddy's face what Isaac had asked for.
Then during our family prayer at bed time, Isaac said in his prayer, "Please let Heavenly Father put a baby in mommy's tummy and then it can come out in 14 days and I can have a little brother."
I'm not sure about the 14 days... or the little brother part, but I'm happy to see the kids are excited about the idea too. :)


2 comments:
my boys have been praying for a little sister. Especially Adam really, really wants a little sister. I think his timeline was for "for her to be born tomorrow"
What a sweet boy saying such a prayer. And how neat that your hubby is "Mr. Fix-it", it doesn't seem to me that many men today are.
Post a Comment