Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bedtime is Beautiful

I am so thankful for the blessing of having children that go to bed easily.  We've always done a strict routine, which they have come to rely on, and actually look forward to, and they go to bed as easy as pie! Growing up I always hated putting people's kids to bed when I was babysitting, and there was always someone asking for a drink of water, and they'd come out a million times, or cry and scream when it was bedtime.  I know me and my siblings did that!  My kids do none of it!  It's the biggest blessing ever.  


We all go in Isaac's room together and sing a few songs (and if his room is clean read a story or two), and then we mark his behavior chart on the wall with the "smileys" and "frownies" he had for the day.  If he has more smileys than frownies, we put a sticker on his chart.  And every time he gets to the end of that chart, he gets to pick a toy from the store or we go out to Leatherby's or something.  He gets to decide.


And speaking of bedtime, we just got this new bed and dresser from Ikea for Isaac, and it's awesome.  Now I just want to have my own house so I can paint his room all super cute and blue.









We moved Amelia out of her crib and into Isaac's toddler bed, and I thought the transition would be difficult because she wouldn't be boxed in, and could get out of bed.  But the first few nights have been a piece of cake, and she hasn't even gotten out of bed, or tried to open her bedroom door.  


I love bed time. And I love my cute little munchkins when they are sleeping.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

We do something very similar and our kids are great. I love bedtime too.