I would just like to say that I know prayers are answered. And not just in general. Every single time I have prayed about something, asked about something, whether in my heart or mind or spoken out loud, He has heard me and answered me without fail. He does not disappoint me. If I go to Him with a question or a problem, I am certain He will answer me in His own time - in the sweetest and simplest way. Sometimes he uses other people to answer my prayer, but I am always certain that it is my answer when it happens. I am completely blown away at how willing He is to answer questions.
I guess I thought that only prophets could pray about the meaning of things they didn't understand. But just after I went to the temple and was pondering about the meaning of things, I was listening to the Book of Mormon on tape and Nephi was asking his brothers why they didn't just ask God about the meaning of Lehi's vision. They said "He makes no such things known unto us!". And then Nephi explained to them that He does, and He is willing! And I knew I could ask Heavenly Father about anything. But I was too afraid to ask for things to be made known unto me because I thought there would be some huge revelation to be accountable for... and I knew I didn't have amazing faith for something like that! But Heavenly Father knew my desires and the thoughts of my heart. And His answer came in an unexpected, simple way I had never expected.
It was just last night as I was talking with John about the temple, and I wanted to read in Exodus about the things they did in the temple of old. As we read and talked, our minds were completely opened, and the spirit poured truth into us, and all of my questions were suddenly answered. I am so amazed that He would answer me in such a simple way. And that the smallest effort on my part yielded such amazing blessings from heaven. It's like that every time I pray for something! He takes the smallest effort from us, and returns the blessings ten fold every time! I just can't believe how much my life is changing just because I'm making the smallest little efforts to pray a little more, to study a little more, and to attend the temple. The simple things we always talk about doing. I never imagined my life could be like this.
I have no doubt that Heavenly Father is willing to answer any question I have. I have every confidence that He is willing to give knowledge to even a little person like me, and not just to the prophets. That He loves me, and wants all these things for me too. And that is amazing to me.
3 comments:
I think it's so great for us to share experiences like these with others. Thank you!
Awesome!
thanks for your testimony bethany! ryan & i just started "doing a little more" too. it's amazing how much your life improves by doing the little things.
Post a Comment