This is all so familiar
washing little baby girl clothes
and packing a hospital bag
organizing them into little drawers
imagining my cute little baby in them
I can't help having flashbacks
of pulling the car up to the house and looking back
seeing that empty carseat
where she would never ride
walking into her room full of clothes
I had washed and sorted for nothing.
All this excitement and preparation
all the pink and yellow
it is all too familiar
was shattered too recently
I am so afraid.
4 comments:
Bethany- you are a strong and wonderful woman. You will do fabulously. You are prepared for whatever is ahead. Your feelings are completely understandable and legitimate. I imagine the test for you this time is for you to have faith and trust that God is going to make it up to you this time and for always. Love ya!
I have to think everything will be fine Bethany but I understand your worries.
{{{hugs}}}
I've been thinking of you. And I was terrified before Lily was born.
Sadly now I can honestly say I know exactly what you mean. And I am so sorry! I hope you know that while my own arms are very empty I've been praying so hard that for you this time will end so differently than with your first daughter and my Colette! I love you and I'm praying so hard that things will end with a happy baby in the car seat on your way home from the hospital
Post a Comment