I'm the kind of person who has an idea, and I act on it. I don't sit around mulling the idea over in my head, I just get up and DO it. The great thing about this is that I get things done... if I have a dream, I get out there and work to make it happen. And thanks to my sweet John, when I run out of steam, he helps me to pick myself back up again and keep trying. This is how I became a wedding photographer beginning in 2008 without a camera or any schooling, and am coming up on over 70 weddings now (with more portrait sessions than I can count).
And with the key element of the equation being "Getting Back Up Again", and motivation from John, this crazy drive is what also caused me to develop a 2 hour 5-Disc Photography Training Program, countless tutorials, our own website with a checkout, several professional infomercials, and a marketing plan for our product. All. By. Myself. (OK, with motivation and input from John.)
I've been thinking, wow if only I had ONE lifetime dream as a kid, I know I would have accomplished it by now. But the problem is that I have a MILLION lifetime dreams, and they are ALL so huge they would take up all my time and energy for the rest of my life. I can't be satisfied that I became a wedding photographer. I have to still become a published Author, Singer, Actress, Motivational Speaker, Nutrition Counselor, Restaurant Owner, Exposition Manager, Wedding Planner, Bridal Retailer, and the list goes on forever! And the part of me that ACTS on those ideas is looking at that list and wondering where the heck to start, and how on earth it will ever be possible...
...and it's all so exhausting!
I get burned out on the things I'm passionate about. Sometimes that's ok. Like I'm taking a break from advertising for my photography, and just taking sessions from referrals and word of mouth. And it's a nice break.
But then there's the whole Plant-Based Cooking for my family, and boy that's hard to stay passionate about day after day.
John says it's okay to move on from old ideas that have burned out and start on my new flames (speaking of business ventures). It's about "multiple streams of income," right? We can have 100 different business ideas, some of them will crash and burn, and some of them we'll keep up on the side, but isn't this how all the successful businesses finally came about? It takes trial and error. It takes a whole lot of freaking hard work, and picking yourself up again, and starting over at ground zero.
But I love the thrill of it all. I really do. So for now, we're still lighting business-idea-sparks all over the place and hoping they will keep us warm enough. But one day I know we will look back and say, "isn't it amazing how much we've accomplished in our short little lives?"
It's crazy being me. But hey, I might as well enjoy the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment