I've just dabbled in the modeling industry a little bit this past month, and wanted to share with you a few of the fun styles I've tried. My focus when I went into this was to portray a wide variety of non-revealing styles on a thrift-store budget, but it evolved into more of a desire to do movie-inspired themes and styles of the prominent figures from different time-periods of the past.
Free-spirited wildflower look
Shirt: TJ Maxx
Hat: Claire's (sale! $5)
Necklace: Dress Barn
Belt: Claire's $3
Shirt: TJ Maxx
Hat: Claire's (sale! $5)
Necklace: Dress Barn
Belt: Claire's $3
This was a self-portrait taken with a wireless remote (you can see in my hand) before I started working with photographers ;)
Hat: Walmart $6
Awesome 80s
Denim Jacket: Ross
Hat: Walmart
Necklace: Sears
Necklace: Sears
Belt: Ross
Skirt: Kohl's
Pink Shirt: Kohl's
Photographer: Michael Gaffney
Shoes: Target
Photographer: Michael Gaffney
I love the colors of this wall we found downtown! I just realized in this picture it looks like I'm holding that ciggarette that's on the ground. LOL. That's not an endorsement of my values ;)
Earrings: Some accessory store in the mall (can't remember)
Photographer: Michael Gaffney
Love this graffiti wall we found downtown, it was so colorful.
Love this graffiti wall we found downtown, it was so colorful.
Photographer: Michael Gaffney
He was so great to work with, and so positive about my style and abilities it really made me feel like I was doing a good job. :)
He was so great to work with, and so positive about my style and abilities it really made me feel like I was doing a good job. :)
Downtown City Chic
Shirt: Kohl's?
Denim Vest: Ross
Shirt: Kohl's?
Denim Vest: Ross
Shorts: Kohl's
Black Pants: Ross
Shoes: Plato's Closet
Photographer: Michael Gaffney
I love how creative he was with his photography and composition.
Shoes: Plato's Closet
Photographer: Michael Gaffney
I love how creative he was with his photography and composition.
Retoucher: Yours Truly
Just had to add grunge to this rundown wall
Just had to add grunge to this rundown wall
All of the downtown shots above were taken by Michael Gaffney and retouched by myself. :)
1960s Sophia-Loren Inspired
Next I started getting into more vintage eras, and the styles of prominent figures from those decades.
Earrings: Target?Necklace: Christmas gift?
Earrings: Target?Necklace: Christmas gift?
1950s Marilyn Monroe Inspired
Crappy Wig: Halloween Box
Red Dress: I've had forever
Crappy Wig: Halloween Box
Red Dress: I've had forever
Skin Care Advertising Effect
Earrings: Walmart?
Earrings: Walmart?
1940s Vintage
Photographer: JPSteel
Feathers: Hobby Lobby
Black Flower Clip: Made with Flower lot I ordered from China
Black Jacket: Ross
Black Flower Clip: Made with Flower lot I ordered from China
Black Jacket: Ross
Red Shirt and Belt: Kohl's
Gloves from Photographer: JPSteel
1940s "The Notebook" Inspired
Shirt & Skirt: Savers
Pearl Necklace: Walmart
1940s "Pearl Harbor" Inspired
1940s WWII Nurse
Photographer: Michael Gaffney (I just loved working with him so much we had to shoot again)
Shirt: Savers?
Hat: Zurcher's Party Store
Shirt: Savers?
Hat: Zurcher's Party Store
Earrings: Walmart
1940s Swing Inspired
Shirt & Skirt: Savers
Gloves: Ebay
Shoes: I've had forever
1960s Audrey Hepburn "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
Dress: Bought at Vanity in high school!
Stick: Zurcher's Party store (painted black)
Gloves: Ebay
Jewelry: Don't remember
Fan: Zurcher's
And lastly, a 1940s Artsy Pinup
Dress: Savers
Shoes: Savers
Fishnet Tights: Walmart
I've had so much fun with this new hobby, and even made some money modeling for a Best Buy Photography Training Seminar and some freelance stock photographers, including the head of sports advertising at the U of U. My athletic jogging shots might be appearing in the department pamphlets or around campus in the future. :)
But as you can probably guess, I've spent WAY too much money on a new wardrobe, and John has had to watch the children several nights out of the week so I can go play. Which of course, he doesn't like ;) So I'm cutting back on my shooting time but I have had SO MUCH fun! And will keep my eye out for paid shoots in the future.
But as you can probably guess, I've spent WAY too much money on a new wardrobe, and John has had to watch the children several nights out of the week so I can go play. Which of course, he doesn't like ;) So I'm cutting back on my shooting time but I have had SO MUCH fun! And will keep my eye out for paid shoots in the future.



























No comments:
Post a Comment